RACEHORSES FINDING NEW HOMES
Before becoming a non profit, Tamay, at Rocky Knolls Farm was instrumental in finding new homes for many retired racehorses. Among the horses she helped rehome were:
- Miss Moon Beam – Amanda. She was chosen by a family with a farm in Massachusetts.
- Sechmet – Sara. A father purchased her for his grand daughter. When we brought Sara to his farm, she immediately made friends.
- Chance – A young lady found Chance. He would be a perfect trail riding horse. She kept him on her farm in Maine.
- Carpenter’s horse
- Western Thunder – Thunder went to a woman who took him to his new home. He would be great riding horse for her daughter.
- Love Will Keep Us Alive – Luvey found a young girl to grow up with on a farm in central Maine.
- Lazerae – Laz A family came from further north in Maine to find just the right horse for their daughter. They chose Laz and took him to their new farm with a training ring and arena. We delivered Laz to his home right across the street where Tamay grew up!! Quite a coincidence!
- Valid Tiger – Val
- Foreign Secretary – Buz
- Song of Thunder – They named him Henry. He came from Boston and was here at Rocky Knolls Farm just long enough for us to fall in love. His presence stayed with us in the barn for a very long time.